Questions you could submit to the upcoming VPR Governor's Debate on http://vprblog.blogspot.com/2012/09/first-governors-debate-of-season.html
1. Can/will the F-35 carry nuclear weapons?
2. Specifically how will our area benefit economically from the F35A? (the AF DEIS says there is NO net economic gain.)
3. How many Air Guard jobs will be lost if the F35A comes here? (in April, 2010, MG Dubie said the ANG would lose some of the full-time maintainer jobs if the F35A comes here. The F16 is maintained here. The F35A will not be maintained here.)
4. How many of the 300 full-time and 700 part-time jobs are AIR national guard, versus ARMY national guard?
5. Of the Air National Guard full and part time people, how many are Vermonters?
6. Has any government official ever said the Air Guard base will close if the F35A do not come here?
7. What is the greatest security threat facing the U.S. today? (answer should be terrorism and cyber warfare)
8. How will the F35A counter the current U.S. security threats of terrorism and cyber warfare? (it can't)
9. What is the difference between Plattsburgh AFB and Burlington Air Guard Station? (Plattsburgh was an active duty AFB with over 5,000 active duty military members. Burlington ANG is a Guard station which shares a runway with a commercial airport, this is an apples and volkswagen comparison)